Hello! Hopefully you enjoyed the IG live that I did about pigmentation.
Here are the things I talked about!
1. Hydrogen Peroxide - It's your friend! And it's on our site for $5.99. The bottles are bubbled out, but you can lay them in a drawer instead of standing them up. The product inside is not affected.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar! If you don't have this at home, the link above is the brand I only recommend. You can use this daily as a toner: recipe HERE. Or saturate a cotton round and apply to the pigmentation overnight (easiest if it is taped on or with a bandaid) for a consecutive 18 days.
Here is a article I found about doing straight ACV on spots. She did it for about 2 weeks. I've done some patches on my face, and definitely feel that you must try to do it for 10 days consecutively if possible. If you forget a night, don't fret. Just continue on the next day.
For the Wassail (or Fall Drink) that I talked about here is the RECIPE
3. Devita Vitamin C Serum. So this one is super stingy and itchy. I would personally try the other products first, and then try this one. I really like how she formulated this product, and have recommended it for years. You could do this one every other day or so. You can apply our serum afterwards as well. Vitamin C does a great job at lightening!
4. Citrus face masks at least once a week! Remember, don't apply citrus essential oils before you go into the sunlight as they are photosensitive! Wait at least 48-72 hours before you go in direct and long exposure for sunlight. For face masks, I just squeeze lemon, lime, or grapefruit into my palm and then put it on my face for 30 min. before I shower. Or you can just rinse it off. The enzymes help break down dead skin and promote cell turnover.High Frequency Machine, Fortech Portable Handheld High Frequency Facial Machine for Skin Care Beauty Therapy Reduce Wrinkle Acne
5. This device CAN be helpful for some. I've purchased three and the first one I bought was AMAZING and the other two were not as powerful. So buy at your own risk!
For my SUPER sensitive ladies:
- Try to avoid hot yoga or super long hot showers repeatedly, it can aggravate melanocytes that promote pigmentation.
- Certain medications and birth control can aggravate melasma.
- Be VERY gentle to the skin when washing, putting on makeup, and exfoliating. The harder you scrub, the more you're going to aggravate melanocytes.
- Try to eat all organic. Do as good as you can!
- Get your adrenals or thyroid checked if stuff just isn't budging!
- Try nano-needling. It is on our services page. It's like a chemical peel without the nasty chemicals!
If you have questions, ask below and I'll do my best to answer!